8.21.2009

New Products for Fall 2009


"Roseate Spoonbills" Gallery Wrap, 20x30 Limited Print (left); "Egret Landing", 20x24 Standout (right).

I'm really looking forward to the Fall 2009 Show season. Although I've traditionally started in late October, I'm getting an early start this year...Labor Day Weekend.
"But, wait!" alert readers will think. "You're showing in Florida? When it's 90 degrees and humid?"

Yep, and yep. But I've picked up a portable air conditioner, and set up the tent to test it out last week. Much to my relief--and, come Labor Day, my customers', too--it works as well as advertised. It's a good investment for me--I've been able to book about eight shows on either side of the November-March "sweet spot." And the extended season will also mean that I'll be able to continually add new work throughout the year for my customers.

Those aren't the only changes! Many of my visitors have asked for alternatives to framed photographs. So in addition to framed pieces, I'm adding two new ready-to-hang options: Gallery Wraps and "Standouts."

  • Gallery Wraps are printed direectly on canvas, then wrapped over a 1.5-inch stretcher frame so that, as the name implies, the image wraps around the edge of the frame. Then, a black backing and hanger are securely mounted to the back of the stretcher frame. They're completely ready to hang. Each Gallery Wrap is available as a Limited Print of 25, and individually signed, numbered, and certified.
  • "Standouts" are printed on photographic paper, then bonded to rugged, 1.5-inch thick Gatorboard. They're lightweight, ready to hang, and lend a beautiful, contemporary look to your office or home at an affordable price.
Last, but not least: I not only exhibit at art shows--I'm a patron, too. And I know it's tough sometimes to gauge whether art of a particular size is going to be right for your intended display space. So we offer a "right size" guarantee: In short, if your purchased work (16x20 or larger) turns out to be a bit too large or too small for its "home", bring it back to the show (or contact us within 3 days) and we'll exchange it for the size that will. Get the full details at our booth!

No comments:

Post a Comment